Demographic statistics about populations can’t explain everything about why our communities are the way they are: What motivates someone to move to a new city, or to start a family or not, differs from one person to the next. But they’re helpful for spotting trends and exploring larger economic forces.
1. Mountain View, with 24.4 percent of its 81,443 residents ages 25 to 34.
2. San Francisco, with 23.5 percent of its 884,363 residents
3. Sunnyvale, with 22.5 percent of its 153,656 residents
4. Costa Mesa, with 21 percent of its 113,821 residents
5. Santa Clara, with 20.7 percent of its 127,131 residents
So there you have it. If you’re a single, young, professional, checkout Costa Mesa.